For business and IT leaders in today’s digitally-connected world who want to deliver amazing customer experiences, your solution – Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 – is now available in 36 countries!
Read more general information on the release of Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 here, in this blog post, or read what’s new in R3 on TechNet. Make sure to follow the Inside Microsoft Dynamics AX blog to receive the latest announcements on R3!
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 R3 includes new Warehouse and Transportation management modules. This blog post will provide you with some links to what is new in these two modules.
The information on TechNet will be updated continuously when new content is available.
What’s new in warehouse management
- You can configure inbound and outbound intelligent workflows.
- You can assign orders to clusters to pick from a single location, and configure profiles to control the validation and packing of items into shipping containers. You can also alternate between picking strategies for batch and non-batch items.
- You can create, implement, and release work by using batch-scheduled or manual processing of waves.
- You can set up cycle counting thresholds, create ad-hoc cycle counting plans, schedule plans, and cycle count locations and items.
- You can set up container groups to order the sequence of the packing process, and create templates to support packing strategies.
- You can use scanners or other mobile devices to optimize precision in the picking and put-away processes.
- CU8 - Use cross-docking to move packages of products through a warehouse while using limited or no storage.
- CU8 - Set up a company policy for sales order fulfillment and create batch jobs to release sales orders and transfer orders to the warehouse.
- CU8 - Allocate batch numbers.
- CU8 - Receive items at a different warehouse than expected.
- CU8 - Use product variants in warehouse management processes.
- CU9 - It's now possible to show a configurable list of available work items on a warehouse mobile device.
- CU9 - You can deduct unreserved inventory from existing replenishment work with demand replenishment.
- CU9 - There are performance improvements for min/max replenishment processing.
- CU9 - You can pack transfer orders into containers at the packing station.
- CU9 - The Consolidation and Empty location with no incoming work location direction action strategies are available when moving inventory.
- CU9 - You can use "Report as finished" on a mobile device in overproduction scenarios.
- CU9 - The FEFO batch reservation strategy now takes the "Best before date" and the "Expiration date" of batches into account.
- CU9 - It is now possible to reserve items across different batch numbers when releasing sales orders.
- CU9 - It's possible to consolidate sales orders for the same customer into the same shipment when using the auto release to warehouse process.
- CU9 - You can now have both transfer and sales orders in the same wave.
What’s new in transportation management
- You can plan transportation for inbound and outbound shipments, manage routes, and consolidate shipments.
- You can configure rating structures and shop for rates, based on charges such as fuel and customs duties.
- You can view driver check-in and check-out history and driver logs.
- CU8 - Use a load building workbench to automatically build loads based on the templates and strategy that you define.
- CU9 - You can print multiple packing slips in the load planning workbench.
- CU9 - There are additional fields available in the Bill of Lading.
- CU9 - You can now turn off the freight reconciliation process if it is not used.
- CU9 - There are performance improvements for the load planning workbench.