2011 is here already and this year there will be program changes required for Payroll. We want to ensure you are up to date for the 1st of April 2011. The payroll certified version of Greentree will be released at the end of February. There is a need for us to plan resources for this and so we are now in the process of organising upgrades for our HR and Payroll customers. This upgrade will ensure that your organisation has the 2011 legislative changes required as well as the latest Greentree enhancements.
Greentree Payroll changes:
- Add extra Employee validation to bank accounts, and for New Zealand, validation to the no-notification tax.
- Add a new Tax Classification for Primary and Secondary school students.
- New tax tables to be applied.
To check the version of Greentree you are on:
- Start Greentree.
- In the menu click Help -> About.
- The version number will be in the top right hand side of the screen.
To organize your Greentree upgrade please contact your Endeavour team on 0800 422 272
Not an Endeavour Club member?
Join the Endeavour Club and you’ll receive all product upgrades during your membership, plus unlimited support calls. It could save you $$$. Give us a call on 0800 422 272 if you would like to join.
NB: If you are not an Endeavour Club Member, Helpdesk calls will cost $50.00 inc GST minimum per call.
Other LAW CHANGES FROM 1 APRIL 2011
Key changes to the Employment Relations Act include:
- Extending the 90-day trial period to cover all businesses.
- Improving personal grievance processes.
- Retention of employment agreements.
- Union access to workplaces – consent required.
- Role and power of Labour Inspectors.
Key changes to the Holidays Act include:
- The option to cash-in up to one week of annual leave.
- The option to transfer public holidays to another working day.
- Proof of sickness or injury.
Changes to Payroll Calculations
- PAYE calculations for M, ML and M SL codes.
- ME/ME SL Tax codes – PAYE calculations.
- NSW – Non-Resident Seasonal Worker calculations.
- Extra pay for Primary and Secondary Income.