Delivering a connected value chain for distributors.
In a single solution, Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 helps enterprises meet their business requirements easily with purpose built capabilities for five industries (Manufacturing, Distribution, Retail, Public Sector, and Services). In addition, the core ERP capabilities support all users with financial management, human capital management, supply chain management, sales and marketing and more.
The same single solution can support specific business requirements easily by extending the industry foundation with packaged vertical solutions including Distribution.
If you're a distributor today, you face a rapidly changing economic environment and the need to embrace new requirements to thrive. Chances are, you are searching for better ways to handle these challenges:
Managing global complexity
- Planning for longer lead times
- Overseeing complex transport networks
- Tracking stock across multiple countries
- Accounting for country-specific regulations and taxes
- Managing volatile labour and transport costs
- Choosing between local and out-of-market sourcing and fabrication
Improving end-to-end supply chain visibility
- Viewing real-time order status
- Tracking inventory globally
- Integrating disparate systems across geographies
- Increasing communication with suppliers and logisticians
Meeting sustainability and compliance requirements
- Finding suppliers with environmentally responsible operations
- Complying with evolving regulations
- Tracing finished products back to sources
- Increased reporting on production processes and resource consumption
- Tracking and documenting substance use and volume
Better managing risk
- Planning for volatile customer demand
- Controlling costs and increasing margins
- Managing economic and commodity cost volatility
- Increasing business velocity
Why choose Microsoft Dynamics AX for the distribution industry?
Microsoft Dynamics AX connects your people, operations and partners with a single solution to help you manage global complexity and make the most of your opportunities. You can streamline business processes across the extended supply chain with unified natural models that deliver operational visibility. Microsoft Dynamics AX supports rapidly changing conditions in a demand-driven environment using easy-to-implement workflows. You can use self-service business intelligence to improve demand planning and respond to unique customer requests. And, scale your global business quickly with multisite capabilities and flexible deployment options that reduce risk. Microsoft Dynamics AX is designed to transform your supply chain with powerful connectivity that enables you to:
- Simplify food and beverage management with batch traceability, shelf-life tracking and weight recordings.
- Streamline product management with multisite capabilities, advanced WMS, service management and multisite planning.
- Manage consumer goods with item dimensions; freight integration; and pricing, rebate and multi-channel management.
- Drive productivity with the familiar Microsoft products and technologies that distributors use worldwide